Your privacy is important to Global Walkabout, you’re part of the Adventure Family after all…
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Global Walkabout collects, and the ways in which Global Walkabout uses that personal information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Global Walkabout, a trading name of ROOMSONIC LIMITED incorporated and registered in England and Wales with the company number 11101092 whose registered office is at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, United Kingdom (Global Walkabout).
Please read the following carefully to understand Global Walkabout’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
By visiting www.myglobalwalkabout.com (Website) or www.myglobalwalkabout.co.uk (Website) or you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION GLOBAL WALKABOUT MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Global Walkabout may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Global Walkabout. You may give Global Walkabout information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with Global Walkabout by phone, including during telemarketing activities, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Website including creating a profile, enter a competition, promotion or survey or by posting material to the Website, requesting further services and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give Global Walkabout may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information Global Walkabout collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, Global Walkabout may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products, suppliers, profiles and capabilities you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information Global Walkabout receives from other sources. Global Walkabout may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Global Walkabout operates or the other services Global Walkabout provide. Global Walkabout may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Global Walkabout uses the information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give Global Walkabout. Global Walkabout will use this information:
- to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Global Walkabout and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Global Walkabout;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Global Walkabout offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with the opportunity to provide feedback to Global Walkabout;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services Global Walkabout feel may interest you. If you are an existing member, Global Walkabout will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new member or visitor to the Website, and where Global Walkabout permits selected third parties to use your data, Global Walkabout (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Global Walkabout to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please inform Global Walkabout;
- to notify you about changes to Global Walkabout’s service; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information Global Walkabout collects about you. Global Walkabout will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Global Walkabout’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Global Walkabout’s efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Global Walkabout serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information Global Walkabout receives from other sources. Global Walkabout may combine this information with information you give to Global Walkabout and information Global Walkabout collects about you. Global Walkabout may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information Global Walkabout receives).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Global Walkabout may share your personal information with any member of Global Walkabout’s group.
Global Walkabout may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Global Walkabout enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Global Walkabout in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- in the event that Global Walkabout sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Global Walkabout may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Global Walkabout or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members or visitors will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Global Walkabout, its members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE GLOBAL WALKABOUT STORES PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Global Walkabout will do its best to protect your personal data, Global Walkabout cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once Global Walkabout has received your information, Global Walkabout will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Global Walkabout not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Global Walkabout will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if Global Walkabout intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by informing Global Walkabout in writing. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Global Walkabout at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Global Walkabout’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Global Walkabout does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Global Walkabout may provide the option for you to unsubscribe from e-mails you receive from it.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Global Walkabout’s costs in providing you with details of the information Global Walkabout holds about you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy and cookies policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com